Milos Raonic Inducted into the Toronto Hall of Fame
Bower and Raonic inducted into the Toronto Sport Hall of Honour
Toronto City News Release
The City of Toronto has inducted hockey legend Johnny Bower and tennis superstar Milos Raonic into its Toronto Sport Hall of Honour. Other inductees included Marilyn Bell DiLascio, Angela James, Anthony Gale and Herbert H. Carnegie. The ceremony took place this evening at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre. This first annual event is a legacy initiative of the City of Toronto's Host City Showcase Program from the 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games.
Councillor Paul Ainslie (Ward 43 Scarborough East) spoke on behalf of Mayor Tory and Toronto City Council. "The purpose of this ceremony is to recognize and celebrate people and groups for their sport contributions and accomplishments in Toronto," he stated. "No matter who they are, all of the inductees have equal standing, respect and admiration in this Toronto Sport Hall of Honour."
This year's Toronto Sport Hall of Honour inductees:
• Athletes of the Year: Vaune Davis, Anthony Gale, Shelley Gautier, Milos Raonic
• Team of the Year: York University Lions Men's Soccer Team
• Coach of the Year: Jennifer Yiu Yiu Lee
• Builders: Archie Allison, Alan Brookes
• Sport Legends: Johnny Bower, Marilyn Bell DiLascio, Angela James, George Seymour Lyon, Marina van der Merwe
• Spirit of Sport: Herbert H. Carnegie
• Lifetime Achievement: Glenn Tarver