How We Spend Our Time
It is a perception that we wedding photographers spend 80% of our time taking pictures and there are some people who even think that we only work the day of the wedding. I can understand this and graciously smile when someone brings it up to me.
In order to clarify this misconception I did some research. Hopefully it will clear up some misconceptions and give some inside into what goes on behind the scenes after we leave the reception. Be prepared for a surprise, here is how weddings photographers actually spend their time:
- 28.4% Editing photos so they look their best
- 12.2% Taking pictures
- 10.5% Album design and production
- 9.7% Meeting and communicating with clients
- 8.9 % Bookkeeping, taxes, insurance and banking tasks
- 8.7% Blogging (like me now) or in social sites
- 6.2% Going to print orders or pick them up
- 5.9% Doing marketing or advertisement
- 3.8% Doing computer or camera upkeep
- 5.5% Networking
What do you think? Are you surprised? We would like to hear your comments!
And we also do photography as a hobby...jaja. Here is a little sample
Copyrighted by Yelo34 Photography